Sunday, September 10, 2023
We kick things off this year with the Barnburner at Steilacoom race. Fort Steilacoom Park, site of the 2019 USA Cycling National Championships, is one of the best cyclocross courses in the country.
Just an hour south of Seattle, Ft. Steilacoom holds a lot of cyclocross history in its runups, hills and sand. A fantastic course you won’t forget, a great vibe, ample parking, lots of space to warm up, and great access for spectating make Steilacoom a must on your cyclocross bucket list.
- Race Day Schedule – You can find the race day schedule for the Barnburner at Steilacoom on our Series info page.
- Parking – There is a ton of parking at Fort Steilacoom. Follow signs to the Google map location here.
- Mechanic – We have a mechanic on site courtesy of Cassette Club. See course map for location.
- Team Tents – See the course map for the location for team tents. Tent locations are first come first serve. Teams that want to set up their tents in the infield must do so before 8:45AM and will not be able to get vehicles out of the infield until the last race is over.
- Bathrooms – You can find a nice selection of fancy scented porta-potties near the registration and racer parking.
- Food & beverage – We have a food truck, Tacos El Guero for some tasty mexican–YUM! And Cup of Jones Espresso will be on site providing coffee and tasty pastries.
- Results Results are available immediately after your race on Webscorer. For the most up to date results, use the website. Download the Webscorer app here for offline results.
- Podiums – If you landed in the top three in your category, congrats! Come to the podiums at the times published on the race schedule to throw your hands in the air and take a great podium pic.
- First time racing? – We have race Ambassadors who can answer any questions you have, calm your jitters and take you on a preview lap. Men/Open meet at 8:30 near the start line. Women/Trans/Femme/Non-binary meet at 9:25am near the start. More info here.
It takes a village to put on a cyclocross race and putting on the Barnburner is no different!
Volunteer at an MFG race and you race for free.
Find more info on our Series Info Page
Learn more about our Venues
New to Cyclocross… check out our Getting Started Guide
Want to sharpen your skills? Check out our Skills & Drills clinics
Bring your mom. We’ll get her racing too.